Hobs 3D is a comprehensive 3D printing and model making studio catering to the art, architecture, construction and engineering industries. We combine the latest in 3D printing technology with traditional model making craftsmanship to produce state-of-the-art models, prototypes and sculptures.
We are currently seeking a freelance 3D print CAD technician to prepare 3D data for printing. Many of the architectural files we receive require manual intervention using Magics to close holes and ensure appropriate wall thickness. You will need to work independently to fix files prior printing on one of our large-scale resin printers (SLA) or our powder-based colour printers.
Familiarity with operation of the printers would be a plus but is not required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Proficiency in Materialise Magics software.
- Experience using Rhino software for modelling.
- Ideally familiar with ColorJet powder printing and/or SLA resin printing.
- Ability to work independently and to tight deadlines.
- Experience in architectural 3D printing or modelling would be a plus.